Two Dead, Four Sickened by Wild Mushrooms

PLACER COUNTY–

Soup made with wild mushrooms is to blame for the deaths of two Loomis seniors, Placer County Sheriff’s say.

A caregiver at the Gold Age Villa is said to have harvested the mushrooms.

Deputies were called to the care home along Horseshoe Bar Road around 10 a.m. Friday. Apparently, the caregiver used the mushrooms in a soup, not knowing that they were poisonous.

Barbara Lopes, 86, and Teresa Olesniewicz, 73, are the two residents who are said to have died. Four others, including the caregiver, were also sickened.

Authorities are still investigating the incident.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s