SOUTH SACRAMENTO –
A South Sacramento family of six is looking for a new place to have their Thanksgiving dinner.
A fire ripped through their Gidden Avenue house just after midnight Thursday night.
The grandfather in the home alerted the family of the fire and got them out. He said, “The bedroom that caught on fire was my granddaughter’s room. We tried to put it out but it moved too fast. We had to get out of the house.”
Crews were able to quickly put out the flames.
One firefighter said “The house is not liveable, everyone is displaced and they do have a place to stay for the weekend.”
No one was hurt.