Where to Watch FOX40 News During the World Cup

Placer County: Fourth Person Sickened by Mushroom Soup Dies

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

The Mallorca mushroom is deadly but can be mistaken for edible look-a-like the Chanterelle.


Placer County officials said Tuesday that a fourth senior that became sick after eating poisonous mushroom soup has died.

The County Coroner’s Office will be looking into the exact cause of death, but believes the soup is to blame.

The woman was identified by the Placer County Sheriff’s Department as 92-year-old Dorothy Mary Hart.

Sheriff’s deputies responded to the Gold Age Villa along Horseshoe Bar Road Nov. 9 after a group of people had been reported sick. A caregiver at the senior community reportedly picked the mushrooms and put them in the soup, not knowing they were poisonous.

The caregiver is also among those sickened by the soup.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s