Cheap, Green Holiday Gifts
Lauren Gropper with RepurposeCompostables.com shows Bethany Crouch how to repurpose items into cheap, cute, and green gifts your kids can make and use.
Instructables for your Repurpose Compostables:
Upcycled Tic-Tac-Toe Board
1 Cereal box
10 Bottle caps
10 Bottle cap inserts (5 of each color or design)
1. Cut one 7″ by 7″ board from one side of cereal box and nine 2″ x 2″ sqaures from the other side.
2. Glue colored squares to non-print side of board.
3. Glue one insert into each bottle cap, totaling 5 pieces per player.
4. Let glue dry, then set up and enjoy.
Frog Box Zipper Container
Two clean plastic bottles of the same size
Craft knife/box cutter
1. Determine the size of your container then mark your cut evenly around the bottle. Cut the bottle along your mark until cut in half. Repeat with other bottle.
2. Squeeze contact glue on the edge of the fabric of the zipper (make sure zipper is facing the right way). Now squeeze contact glue on the inside edge of the two bottle ends.
3. Wait ten minutes and then join the pieces. Carefully join the zipper with one bottle one end at a time. Leave for a few hours to dry.
4. Customize with stickers, glitter, etc.