Joanne Neft with Mountain Mandarin Growers Association shows Paul Robins how to make mulled mandarin juice, which has natural cold fighting benefits.
- 15 Most Popular Happy Hours of February 2014The 15 most popular Sacramento happy hours of February 2014 on CowtownEats.com were: BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse (Last month's rank: 1) Pour House (Last month's rank: 3) Bento Box (Last month's rank: 2) Firestone Public House (Last month's rank: 4)... […]
- Cooking with Dana’s Family KitchenDana Johnson brings a healthy spread to FOX40′s studio in celebration of National Nutrition Month.… […]
- CamelliasIt’s been a bit quiet here on the blog lately. I’ve been stepping back a bit– trying to enjoy life without frenzy, and really appreciating the last few years with my children before they go off to new adventures. The camellias are in full bloom. Their blossoms, so beautiful on the bushes. But when I looked down on the ground, I couldn’t help but notice how m […]
- Food Foto FridayDid you grow up going to Farrell’s? I did. I remember lots of birthday parties involving “The Zoo” and gigantic hamburgers (Singles, doubles, triples and homeruns! Yes, I once attempted to eat a homerun). We used to go to the one in Sunrise Mall, my favorite old dinosaur of a mall, filled end-to-end with big […] […]
- Brand new Block promises to become a desitination for charcuterie, whiskeyThe midtown restaurant in the MARRS project at 20th and K streets is headed by highly regarded chef Michael Tuohy. The bar is heavy on bourbon, whiskey and scotch.Co-owner Michael Hargis did much of the design, with work by local carpenter Steve Tiller and locally sourced —or upcycled — wood from New Helvetia Hardwoods.In te back of the space, there is a gla […]