Chef Kurt Spataro of Paragary’s shows Paul Robins how to make a Fresh Dungeness Crab Salad. His cooking is feautred in the Best of Sacramento.
- Feast and play at 29th annual Festa ItalianaSure, there’s plenty of good pizza in restaurants around town, but lovers of Italian cuisine can go beyond that staple and into more interesting fare at Festa Italiana. Heap your plates with Italian sausage and meatballs, pasta, chicken Parmesan, calamari, cannoli, gelato and much more. One of the featured dance groups at last year’s Festa Italiana was from […]
- Limited-edition muffins and bagels are full of apple and cinnamonLast April, Thomas’ bakery introduced limited-edition offerings of maple french toast-flavored bagels and cinnamon-vanilla English muffins, which were available until earlier this month. They were especially tasty when toasted, of course, filling the kitchen with the scents of maple and vanilla. Thomas’ bakery offers another limited-edition line of bagels an […]
- Homemade S’mores: #RecipeIt’s summertime - time for cookouts, campfires and homemade s’mores. Who doesn’t love these ooey gooey treats? So there we were with a large family gathering, a ton of food, lots of homemade marshmallows, homemade graham crackers and Ghirardelli squares of chocolate. Of course we had to have my homemade s’mores...The post Homemade S’mores: #Recipe appeared f […]
- Lime CurdI have a slight addiction. It’s called homemade curd. Lemon curd, lime curd, whatever. I can eat it with a spoon. Instead of paying $4 a jar and breaking the bank, I decided to make my own. Now you can too! Have you ever had lemon curd? Chances are, you’ve seen it used in a plethora […]The post Lime Curd appeared first on Crazy for Crust. […]
- Dining News: Federalist Public House to Open on Aug. 1Federalist Public House, a second midtown biergarten, will open on Aug. 1, reports Stephanie Towne in Sactown Mag. The containers will house a kitchen area with a wood-fired oven, which will churn out everything from Neapolitan-style pizzas to roasted ... […]