Chef Patrick Mulvaney of Mulvaney’s B&L whips up an Eggnog Cheesecake.
- Dining News: What’s Up with South?South has been teasing us with promises to open a Southern restaurant near Southside park for more than a year. They did a private tasting recently, and Ally Gaffan was there. Food-wise, here's a sneak peek at some of the... […]
- “Only The Essential”: A 5-month, 2,668-mile journey on the Pacific Crest TrailIn the summer of 2013 Casey Gannon and Colin Arisman thru-hiked the Pacific Crest Trail with cameras in hand. “Only The Essential” is the story of their 5-month, 2668-mile journey on foot from Mexico to Canada across the wilderness of California, Oregon and Washington. The full length film will be available to stream for free online, […]
- Wordless Wednesday: Brunch… It’s kind of my thing.By: Tricia Juanitas Where: Magpie Café 1409 R Street, Suite 102 Sacramento, CA 95811 What: Magpie Breakfast Plate […]
- Happy Hour at Claim JumperClaim Jumper 1111 J St Sacramento, CA 95814 916-442-8200 Web site: http://www.claimjumper.com/ Yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-claim-jumper-sacramento Happy Hour Monday to Friday 3 to 6:30 p.m. Saturday 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. $2 Bites Chips & Salsa So... […]
- UC Davis researchers help find birthplace of chili pepperThe world’s most widely grown spice crop likely was first domesticated in central-east Mexico. Chili peppers likely became a cultivated crop in central-east Mexico, according to a new study by an international team including UC Davis plant scientists. (And, yes, that’s a tomatillo — not a pepper — propping up the jalapeño.) […]