Stephanie Nuccitelli of 52kitchenadventures.com shows Bethany Crouch how to make cheesecake in a slow cooker.
- Bidwell Street Bistro to become Bacchus HouseBidwell Street Bistro in Folsom is changing ownership again. The new proprietor is Eric Adams, owner of Bacchus Elegant Events catering and event-planning of Sacramento. Here’s how it’s playing out: Typical lunch fare at Bidwell Street Bistro is an Angus burger and a grilled portobello sandwich. The menu will change soon, when the bistro becomes Bacchus Hous […]
- Bring an intellectual appetite to Michael Pollan appearanceMichael Pollan has been called many things, including “liberal foodie intellectual.” by the New York Times. True, but add to that “journalist, author, activist, university professor.” Pollan has helped raise the nation’s food-culture awareness through his lectures, essays and best-selling books, which include “The Omnivore's Dilemma,” “In Defense of Foo […]
- Darrell Corti has the answers to 10 questionsIntentionally known food and wine authority Darrell Corti — who insists on calling himself a “grocer” — holds a roomful of awards and honors bestowed on him during a long career. He also sits on various boards in advisory capacities. Darrell Corti tends the wine in his legendary market in east Sacramento. […]
- Cinco de Mayo dinner coming to Evan’s KitchenSacramento chef Evan Elsberry is at it again, hosting another themed wine-paired dinner at his restaurant, Evan’s Kitchen. The Cinco de Mayo Fiesta will start moving dishes at 6 p.m. May 5; cost is $75 a person, with reservations at (916) 452-3896. Motor over to 855 57th St., Sacramento, in the Antiques Mall; www.chefevan.com. Award-winning chef Evan Elsberr […]
- Tie the knot at a California State ParkFrom the famous Wedding Rock at Patrick’s Point State Park to the historic gardens at Empire Mine State Historic Park to the bluffs at Crystal Cove State Park, many couples choose state parks to be the place where they say “I do.” That’s why CSPF thinks that California’s state parks are great places to … “Tie […]