Vote Now! Subway Friday Night Fan Favorite

Fire Destroys Auburn Home

Auburn Home FireAUBURN -

A smoke detector helped save the lives of two Auburn residents as a fire ripped through their home.

The fire destroyed the home on Clipper Heights Place near Clipper Gap Road around 3:45 a.m. Wednesday.

Firefighters say the residents had to flee so quickly they left their cell phones behind, forcing them to drive all the way to the Meadow View Fire station to report the fire.

One of the residents was taken to the hospital as a precaution for minor smoke inhalation.