J.R.’s Texas Bar-B-Que to Stay Open

JRTexasBBQSACRAMENTO-

J.R.’s Texas Bar-B-Que will stay open, owner Floyd “J.R.” Rothenberger confirmed to FOX40 Monday afternoon.

Rothenberger was faced with the decision of closing his well-loved BBQ joint because of the poor economic climate. He told FOX40 last week that employees at the nearby Cambpell’s Soup plant, the bulk of his customers, were laid off, his profits took a nosedive.

A $20,000 loan from a friend has allowed Rothenberger to stay open, he said. Droves of loyal BBQ fans didn’t hurt, either.

J.R.’s Texas Bar-B-Que has won many accolades from the Sacramento News & Review and Sacramento Magazine.

There are three locations: 180 Otto Circle, Sacramento. 3445 El Camino Ave. and 232 Jibboom St., near I-5 and Richards Boulevard.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s