Chef Brooke Preston with the Green Boheme makes monkey sundaes with Sabrina Rodriguez. The Sacramento Veg Fest is Saturday (01/26) from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Esparto High School’s Cook – Lavella KienyLAVELLA KIENY, COOK, ESPARTO HIGH SCHOOL, Esparto Unified School District, Esparto, CA Origin: Live Oaks, CA Things are about to change at Esparto High School, and for Lavella Kieny, who runs the school’s cafeteria. Next school year, 2014-15, the campus … Continue reading → […]
- Craft beer expert speaks at Jernigan’s on May 16Join Charles Bamforth, PhD, UC Davis’ beer expert, at Jernigan’s Tap House & Grill on Friday May 16 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. for an informal discussion on craft brewing and craft beers. Bamforth, who has written several books about beer, began his work in the brewing industry in 1978 and joined the UC Davis […]
- Throwback Thursday: Tuna Cutlets aka Tuna CakesI'm an oil brat. Or, more specifically, I'm an ARAMCO brat. I grew up in Saudi Arabia where my dad worked for the Arabian American Oil Company, or ARAMCO. We lived in Arabia from 1971 to 1987, so basically all my school-college years. We liv... […]
- Dining News: Why West Sac’s The Eatery ClosedThe Eatery, a West Sac mainstay for the last three years, closed for the last time on Sunday, it announced on its Facebook page on Wednesday. I corresponded with Jess Milbourn, the chef and owner of The Eatery, over Twitter... […]
- “The Cool Girls: Portraits of remarkable women”: Roseanne Burke art exhibit at Szabo tasting room on April 26-May 31What: Artist’s Reception For “The Cool Girls: Encaustic Portraits Of Remarkable Women” When: April 26, 2014, 4-7 p.m. Where: Szabo Vineyards Tasting Room, 316 Broad St., Nevada City, CA 95959 Venue Information: Call 530.274.7282 or visit http://www.szabovineyards.com “The Cool Girls: Encaustic Portraits of Remarkable Women” by Roseanne Burke is an exhibit of […]