Motel 6 Fire Sends Guests Running Out

AUBURN –

A fire in Auburn sent Motel 6 guests running out of their rooms early Monday morning.

Neighbors said they looked outside and saw smoke everywhere.

The two-alarm fire broke out on the second floor of the motel on Auburn Ravine Road near the I-80 around 4:30 a.m.

Placer County, Auburn and Newcastle firefighters were able to contain the fire to just one room.

Investigators believe the fire started in the microwave, and was an accident. Fire sprinklers at the hotel did their job and helped contain the flames before crews arrived

Guests have been relocated the other side of the motel to stay warm and rest.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s