President Obama delivered his first State of the Union in his second term. Paul Robins sits down with Cowboy Libertarian, Patrick Dorinson, to get his take on the President’s speech.
- Tim Donnelly challenges Neel Kashkari to debateRepublican gubernatorial candidate Tim Donnelly challenged rival Neel Kashkari on Monday to an "old-fashioned debate" at this weekend's gathering of the California Republican Party, an invitation immediately dismissed by Kashkari and party leadership. ... […]
- Democrats block GOP move to suspend Wright and CalderonFor the third time in less than two weeks, Democrats in the California state Senate have blocked Republican attempts to formally oust two Democratic senators who are involved in criminal cases. The latest move came Monday after Senate Republican lea... […]
- Financial aid program sees big boost in electronic submissionsThe California Student Aid Commission reports a rise in the number of high schools submitting students' grade-point averages electronically, as state legislators weigh whether to require the electronic GPA reports. The commission, which runs the Cal G... […]
- Citing truancy ‘crisis,’ Kamala Harris, lawmakers seek actionEmphasizing that young students who frequently miss school are far more likely to fall behind and commit crimes later in life, California Attorney General Kamala Harris and half a dozen lawmakers introduced an anti-truancy bill package on Monday. The... […]
- Two decades of budget expenditures, revenueLegislative budget subcommittee hearings on Gov. Jerry Brown's January spending plan are in full swing, with lawmakers, administration officials, the Legislative Analyst's Office and others debating the proposal's finer points.And then there are the numbers themselves. Democrats and Republicans debate what is the most accurate way to depict th […]