Paul Robins and Bethany Crouch talk to FOX40 Political Analyst Gary Dietrich. They discuss Tuesday night’s State of the Union address and the reaction that followed.
- California Stem Cell Agency and the Revolving Door: A Need for More SafeguardsThe revolving door and related conflict of interest issues remain open at the $3 billion California stem cell agency despite the pledge by its new president, Randy Mills, to refrain from taking a job with a recipient of the agency’s largess for at least a year after he leaves. Mills’ action last week came in response to the controversial appointment of the […]
- Interview with Dr. David WilliamsBy Daniel Weintraub Dr. David Williams, an internationally recognized authority on social influences on health, currently teaches at the Harvard School of Public Health. His research has enhanced our understanding of the complex ways in which socioecon... […]
- Los Angeles Times: Flawed Investigation Magnifies California Stem Cell ScandalThe Los Angeles Times will have a column again this Sunday excoriating the $3 billion California stem cell agency, and it will involve the same set of players, the agency’s former president and a San Francisco area stem cell company.The headline on the column by Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist and author Michael Hiltzik says “California’s stem cell scandal […]
- A Nurse, a Friend and a Parenting Teacher: Home-Visit Program Helps Low-Income MothersBy Lisa RennerOyuny Bahena was pregnant and living in a homeless shelter in Merced County when she first met with a home-visit nurse.The nurse offered to help guide the 20-year-old through the challenges of parenthood over the next two years at no cost. Bahena remains grateful.“I love her support (and) how she’s very attentive with me and my baby,” she said. […]
- Bringing Politics To The People: The Boards And Commissions Leadership InstituteIn a perfect world every socioeconomic group, every sexual orientation, every race, every identity would be represented in every law-making council. Democracy works when there ... […]