Paul Robins and Bethany Crouch talk to FOX40 Political Analyst Gary Dietrich. They discuss Tuesday night’s State of the Union address and the reaction that followed.
- State tax revenue continues to outpace estimatesState tax revenue continued to outpace budget estimates last month, with year-to-date revenue now $1.4 billion more than the Brown administration projected, the state Department of Finance reported Tuesday.The report is the last benchmark ahead of April, a heavy month for income tax revenue. Last month, personal income tax revenues to the general fund came i […]
- $124 Million Deal for Keirstead’s California Stem Cell, Inc.California Stem Cell, Inc., founded by the UC Irvine researcher made famous eight years ago by showing a once paralyzed rat apparently walking on national television, was sold this week in a deal reportedly worth at least $124 million in stock and cash.NeoStem, a New York city-based firm, announced the acquisition yesterday in a move that sent its stock to $ […]
- AM Alert: Californians split on Congress, own representativesLike the rest of the country, California voters hold a deeply negative view of the job performance of the U.S. Congress: Just 13 percent approve of the work of the nation's lawmakers in a new Field Poll, compared to 79 percent who disapprove. That's a ... […]
- Mental Health Courts Give Mentally Ill Offenders the Option of TreatmentBy Lynn Graebner As the number of jail and prison inmates with mental illness increases, addressing the problem is becoming even more critical. In the 1980s, 8 percent of jail and prison inmates in the state had serious mental illness. Now, 20 perce... […]
- Report: California Lacks Psychiatric Beds for Severely Mentally IllBy Hannah GuzikJails and prisons are the largest “mental institutions” in California, holding far more people with severe psychiatric illnesses than state hospitals, according to a report released last Tuesday by the Treatment Advocacy Center and the National Sheriffs’ Association.“For a state with 38 million people — 1 in every 8 Americans lives in Californ […]