A 12-year-old boy’s quick thinking saved his family from a house fire Thursday in Sacramento.
Edgar Tapia’s mother had left something cooking on the stove as he and his younger brother, Miguel, were watching TV.
As smoke began to fill the house, Edgar grabbed his mom and brother and dialed 911 on his mom’s phone to report the fire.
Luckily, the fire house is right down the street and firefighters were able to contain the damage to just the kitchen and living room.
The family dog, Osso, ran into the basement and came out once the fire was extinguished.
Davis firefighters congratulated Edgar on his quick thinking.