AEG No Longer in Discussions with Sacramento

city-hall

Sacramento City Hall

SACRAMENTO-

AEG’s Michael Ross told FOX40 Friday afternoon that the company is not in any discussions with the City of Sacramento.

A city spokesperson told FOX40 News this is not a surprise development, AEG was never part of the new plan which focuses on a new arena on the site of the Downtown Plaza.

The sports and entertainment company had been fronting $59 million Mayor Kevin Johnson’s plan to have a new arena built in the downtown rail yards until negotiations with the Kings’ owners, the Maloofs, derailed.

Now, a new arena plan is taking shape with business magnate Ron Burkle. Burkle is the owner of the Pittsburgh Penguins, who play in the AEG-operated CONSOL Energy Center.

FOX40 asked Ross if AEG could possibly be involved in future talks with Sacramento. He said he doesn’t know what the future holds and wouldn’t elaborate any further.

Jim Crandell contributed to this report.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s