More than 4.7 million people are bitten by a dog each year. Eric Rucker and Bethany Crouch get some handling tips from our pet expert, Dr. Jyl.
by Bethany Crouch
- 48783No CommentsDog+Bite+Safety+%26amp%3B+Prevention2013-04-22+18%3A16%3A47Jonathan+Millerhttp%3A%2F%2Ffox40.com%2F%3Fexternal_media%3Ddog-bite-safety-prevention
- New dog park opens in Cameron Park after 7 years of planningAfter seven years of planning, fundraising and watching their beloved community of canine friends grow from pups to middle age, “grey in their muzzle” companions, the El Dorado Dog Owners Guild can finally celebrate an off leash dog park in Cameron Park, the first on the western slope of El Dorado County. Ground broke Nov. 11 and a fence was installed later […]
- Keep your pets warm during the cold snapThe temperature this weekend is predicted to dip way down into the 40s in the daytime and the 20s at night. That's a sudden and drastic change for our best fur friends after all the balmy weather we've had for so long. If you don't have spoiled i... […]
- THANKFUL FOR DOGSToday is the day to reflect upon our blessings and what we are thankful for. I'm thankful for lots of things too many people in the world don't have: a home, enough food to eat, clean water to drink, good health, friends and family, meaningful work, and so much more. I'm also thankful for my canine companions and the unconditional love and com […]
- One Year Later – Remembering RoyIt's hard to believe that it's been one year to the day since the murder of my fellow ACO and friend, Roy Marcum (463). On November 28, 2012, Animal Control Officer Roy Marcum was shot and killed in the line of duty.Roy is with us in the reports he has... […]
- Help keep Sacramento pets and owners together by donating to the Sacramento Pet Food BankTitanic’s Pantry (also known as the Sacramento Pet Food Bank) was launched in November 2009, when local shelters were seeing more and more people surrendering their beloved family pets because they could not afford to feed them. The Sacramento Pet Food Bank is sponsored by the Animal Care Partners of Sacramento, a collaboration of the City of Sacramento Anim […]