Fire blazed out of a Carmichael garage where someone was growing marijuana plants early Friday morning.
Police are investigating if the marijuana is being grown legally.
The fire started in the garage on Mayer Way near Whitney and Walnut Avenues around 7 a.m. and spread to the attic.
Firefighters say the electrical wiring in place for the marijuana plants appears to have overloaded the home’s wiring, and the older system in the attic.
Everyone living inside the home was able to make it out safe, and neighboring homes were not affected.
The man living in the home said this is the second time his home has been hit with a problem.
During the winter, a giant tree fell onto his home, which affected power and gas coming into his home. He said his family was without both for several days.