Lina Fat and Chef Jimmy Ma are cooking Yu Kwok, General Tsao Chicken, and Imperial Chow Mein with Paul Robins as they discuss Frank Fat`s 2013 James Beard Foundation award.
- Win a pair of tickets worth $100 to Stanford Youth Solutions food/wine eventHow would you like to win a night out for two that includes local food and wine, plus live music to work those boogie shoes? Two tickets are up for grabs for the Stanford Youth Solutions “Vintage 2014” event at North Ridge Country Club on May 1, a $100 a head benefiting the organization formerly known as Stanford Home for Children. Those tickets normally cos […]
- Indian-Spiced Vegetables and Chickpeas with RaisinsI'm not really sure what made me save this e-mail from the Splendid Table, except I liked that it sounded easy yet exotic, and that I'm always looking for new meatless dishes. I wasn't expecting the sum of the dish to be so much more than its parts, however. It's a simple idea - just roasted veggies tossed with chickpeas, raisins, garam m […]
- Fresh Crab OmeletEric Rucker whipping up a fresh crab omelet with Chef Jay Veregge from Ten 22.Recipe: FRESH CRAB OMELETINGREDIENTS4 eggs cup milk 1 Tbsp butter 4 oz fresh Dungeness crab, shredded 2 oz soft farmer`s cheese, shredded ½ … […]
- Hot cross buns, homemade Peeps & more: Dozens of recipes for EasterRecipes for Easter from Sacramento Connect partners and The Sacramento Bee. […]
- Why is Council Now Exempting Restaurants from Paper Bag Fee?When the Davis City Council eventually passed its single use bag ordinance, it had the option to exclude restaurants, but based in part on the issue of fairness, decided to include restaurants. As the city notes, “All stores and restaurants located within the limits of the City of Davis that sell perishable or non-perishable goods. ... […]