Join ‘Be the Match’ to Support Gary Gelfand in His Fight Against Leukemia

Kitchen Fire Forces Family, Including 9-Month-Old, to Evacuate

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
SACRAMENTO –
A stove left on overnight started a kitchen fire forcing a family, including a 9-month-old, to evacuate their Sacramento apartment early Tuesday morning.
The fire started in a unit in the Emerald Place Apartments on Fulton Avenue near Hurley Way around 4:45 a.m.
The unit had a smoke detector at one point, but it had been removed and not replaced. A person in the apartment woke up to the smell of fire and ran out with the rest of the family.
Neighbors called 9-1-1. No one in the building was injured but the unit where the fire started is currently unlivable.
Sacramento Metro Fire said the fire could have been much worse. The battalion chief said, “The unique thing about this apartment complex is that it does have a common attic. It didn’t get into the attic which saved the rest of the building.”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s