Paul Robins and Bethany Crouch talk to U.C. Davis Professor Courtney Grant Joslin about the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling on Proposition 8.
- Los Angeles Times: Flawed Investigation Magnifies California Stem Cell ScandalThe Los Angeles Times will have a column again this Sunday excoriating the $3 billion California stem cell agency, and it will involve the same set of players, the agency’s former president and a San Francisco area stem cell company.The headline on the column by Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist and author Michael Hiltzik says “California’s stem cell scandal […]
- A Nurse, a Friend and a Parenting Teacher: Home-Visit Program Helps Low-Income MothersBy Lisa RennerOyuny Bahena was pregnant and living in a homeless shelter in Merced County when she first met with a home-visit nurse.The nurse offered to help guide the 20-year-old through the challenges of parenthood over the next two years at no cost. Bahena remains grateful.“I love her support (and) how she’s very attentive with me and my baby,” she said. […]
- Bringing Politics To The People: The Boards And Commissions Leadership InstituteIn a perfect world every socioeconomic group, every sexual orientation, every race, every identity would be represented in every law-making council. Democracy works when there ... […]
- USC Researcher Comments on the Grant Round Involving StemCells, Inc.A USC scientist late today sent an email that dealt with the 2012 decisions that resulted in the award of $19.3 million to StemCells, Inc., by the California stem cell agency. The award was made on a close vote (7-5) despite being rejected twice by the agency’s reviewers.It was the first time that the agency’s 29-member board had approved an application that […]
- California Stem Cell Agency Scores on Early Coverage of Today’s Trounson StoryTwo media outlets were quick today to write about the Trounson Affair and the reaction from the California stem cell agency, but did not note what the agency itself described as the limited nature of its investigation into the matter.They focused on what Randy Mills, the new president of CIRM, promised regarding his future employment and acceptance of gifts […]