Paul Robins and Bethany Crouch talk to U.C. Davis Professor Courtney Grant Joslin about the U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling on Proposition 8.
- Steinberg on loss of Wright, Calderon: ‘We move forward now’His caucus having indefinitely lost two members to ongoing court cases, Senate President Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg, D-Sacramento, pledged on Monday to put weeks of strife behind him and press on with legislative work. Amid a federal corruption case al... […]
- Jerry Brown reports receiving $11,721 in gifts and travelGov. Jerry Brown received $11,721 in gifts and travel payments last year, mostly to pay for his trip to China, according to his latest financial disclosure statement. Brown received 21 non-travel gifts valued at $2,301 and four gifts of travel valued ... […]
- Senator Gaines calls for committee hearing On Obamacare-fueled health provider list debacleLate last week, Senator Ted Gaines (R-Roseville) sent a letter to the Senate Health Committee urging a hearing on the Obamacare-aggravated problem of healthcare providers listing inaccurate doctor information in their provider network. In addition, Senator Gaines is exploring legislation to protect consumers from the faulty information that is making it impo […]
- Taking AIM at End-of-Life Care: Kinder, Gentler, and More Cost-EffectiveImagine you are old and dying, told by doctors you have less than a year to live. As you face one health crisis after another, you crave to be held in the loving embrace of a warm healthcare system. Instead, you face a confusing maze of revolving physicians, recurring hospitalizations, and rising frustration. End-of-life care is a travesty for many patients […]
- AM Alert: Ron Calderon gone; Senate Dems’ advantage fadesWhen the state Senate convenes at 2 p.m. today, Democrats will be without Rod Wright and Ron Calderon -- and without the two-thirds majority they've held since the 2012 election.Both Wright and Calderon are on paid leave of absence to deal with legal problems. Wright, of Baldwin Hills, faces sentencing in May after a jury convicted him of eight felonies […]