Bethany Crouch gets a cooking demonstration of some of the fine foods that will be served at Midtown Cocktail Week in Sacramento. The event is from Aug. 21 until Aug. 25.
by Bethany Crouch
- 69001No CommentsMixing+it+Up+with+Midtown+Cocktail+Week2013-08-20+18%3A20%3A45Jonathan+Leehttp%3A%2F%2Ffox40.com%2F%3Fexternal_media%3Dmixing-it-up-with-midtown-cocktail-week
- Almond Cafe Cookies [Week 11 of 12 Weeks of Holiday Treats]A few weeks ago, I was asked by Smucker’s if I would like to be their guest at the Pillsbury Bake Off. It took me less than 2 seconds to say YES! Something you should know about me – I love watching cooking competitions on TV. Build-A-Better-Burger, The Gingerbread House competition, Cupcake Wars, Chopped, Top Chef, […]
- Judy Rodgers’ famous Zuni Cafe roasted chickenJudy Rodgers, the influential chef-owner of Zuni Cafe in San Francisco, died this week. She was 57 years old and had been battling cancer. We were regulars at Zuni for years. Judy was one of the young chefs who were instrumental in creating “California Cuisine.” She inspired other chefs, including Traci Des Jardins, who founded Manzanita […]
- Pumpkin Pie SmoothieA few weeks ago my youngest asked me why I didn’t make smoothies in the winter time. Good question, I thought! During the summer I love throwing all kinds of healthy stuff into my blender and watching my boys drink […]
- Creamy truffles without cream? Chestnuts add low-calorie richnessChestnuts add low-calorie richness to truffles. Substitute these nuts for high-calorie cream.Who doesn’t love chocolate truffles? They are the essence of chocolate, and a sure-fire mood enhancer. Pop even one into your mouth and see if you don’t get happy.Given the richness of a chocolate truffle – a blend of chocolate, sugar and cream – it’s nice that choco […]
- Cookie Corner: Testing gluten-free holiday recipesGluten-free tea cakes are an easy-to-make treat to share at Christmas.These days a typical office, or family, is full of people on restricted or specific diets. Low-sugar or salt-restricted, vegetarian or vegan, low-carb or gluten-free – it can make holiday potlucks or family dinners a challenge. While there are more pre-made treats available now at stores a […]