Authorities say that they were able to douse a fire at a chicken coop before any chickens were harmed.
The fire started at some point before 5 p.m. near E. Colorado and Taft Streets.
The first engine that showed up to the scene found that a chicken coop, several fences, grass and a telephone pole were going up in smoke.
Before any serious damage was done, crews were able to put out the inferno.
Fairfield Fire officials note that, while no chickens were harmed due to the fire, a resident in the area had to be treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.