Paul Robins talks to FOX40 Political Analyst Gary Dietrich. They discuss Senator Leland Yee’s arrest and the federal charges he is facing.
- Antibiotic Use Is Common in Hospice CareBy Fran KritzA new study finds that use of antibiotics is quite common among terminal patients who are in hospice care.The researchers used data based on the electronic health records of adults patients discharged to hospice care from Oregon Health & Science University over a three-year period ending in 2013.The post Antibiotic Use Is Common in Hospice C […]
- Verastem Bid for Nearly $10 Million from California NixedA Massachusetts firm called Verastem, Inc., heard some bad news recently about its pitch for $9.9 million from the $3 billion California stem cell agency.The Cambridge firm sought the cash from the agency to help out with a clinical trial dealing with breast cancer.However, the agency’s directors were told in a memo on the CIRM Web site, “Weaknesses in the s […]
- Scripps Confirms Marletta’s Plan to Leave as PresidentThe Scripps Research Institute has confirmed the departure of Michael Marletta as its president in a 72-word statement, but details about who will replace him and when are yet to emerge.The move was announced this morning at a meeting at the 2,900-empl... […]
- Numbers of Strokes Fall Among People 65 and Older During the Last Two DecadesBy Fran Kritz Fewer older Americans are having strokes and those who do suffer a stroke have a lower risk of dying from them, according to a study by researchers at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. The study found a 24 percent overa... […]
- Scrips Research President Resigns Following Financial Problems at the InstituteMichael Marletta today resigned as head of The Scripps Research Institute, one of nation’s leading biomedical research organizations, in the wake of an aborted, $600 million merger with the University of Southern California.Bradley Fikes and Gary Robbins of the San Diego U-T reported that the announcement of his resignation came at a meeting this morning at […]