Happy National Dog Day!
Tuesday, August 26, is a day set aside to celebrate those lovable companions that we just can’t live without.
Also known as International Dog Day and national Dog Appreciation Day, it is celebrating on August 26 every year.
Share photos of your favorite pup using the red button at the bottom of the page.
According to the website NationalDogDay.com, the day of appreciation is meant to honor dogs “for their endearing patience, unquestioning loyalty, for their work protecting our streets, homes and families as Police K-9’s, Military Working Dogs, Guide Dogs and Therapy Dogs”.
Here are a few ways they recommend celebrating National Dog Day:
1. Adopt a dog from your local shelter or pure breed rescue organization. Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to walk a dog or play with a dog, clean cages or anything else they need help with.
2. Have a safety check of your home to make sure it’s safe for your dog and others.
3. Donate blankets, food and toys to animal welfare organizations.
4. Organize a peaceful demonstration in front of your community pet store that sells puppies.
5. Write your Congressman and ask that he/she support the ban of Puppy Mills and Gas Chambers in your state.
6. Order an adorable dog shaped flower arrangement from 1-800-Flowers.com and enjoy a 10% discount by using code DOG when placing your order!
7. Have a National Dog Day party and invite all your friends and their dogs!
8. Spend the day taking photos of your dog and then enter our photo contest!
9. Buy an official National Dog Day Tee here and sport it proudly!
10. Assist an ill or elderly neighbor by walking their dog.
Share a picture of your dog to celebrate National Dog Day with FOX40!