Mandatory evacuation orders are being lifted for some areas near the Applegate Fire in Placer County.
The Applegate Fire is 420 acres big, and is about 30% contained. The size has remained steady in the last 24 hours. The fire still threatens about 1,000 homes.
Cal Fire announced Friday morning they are reducing the situation to an evacuation warning for the following areas:
- On all areas and roads east of I-80 to the American River, North of Swanson Lane and Ponderosa Way to John Muir Road.
- All areas and roads east of I-80 to the American River, south of Hidden Meadow Way, and north of Pepper Ranch Road.
The following areas remain under a mandatory evacuation order:
- All areas and roads east of Applegate Road at Cody Lane to the American River, south of Swanson Lane and Ponderosa Way and north of Hidden Meadow Way.
The following road closures remain in effect:
- Dead end of Paoli
- Ponderosa Way, south of Swanson Lane
- Eagle Ridge Road at Forest Hill Road
- Applegate Road, at Hidden Meadow Way
- Applegate Road at Rigby Lane
Proof of residency will be required for entry into the areas just re-opened.