SANDY, Utah (AP) —
A Utah couple whose son became sick after eating a cucumber that may have contained salmonella is joining a lawsuit against a California company.
KSL-TV in Salt Lake City reported Saturday that attorney William Marler says 5-year-old Charlie Mills became ill in mid-August.
Meghann Mills says she and her husband learned the cause last week.
The couple will likely join a Farmington, Minnesota woman’s lawsuit filed earlier this month against Andrew and Williamson Fresh Produce, Inc.
The San Diego company has voluntarily recalled “Limited Edition” brand cucumbers.
U.S. health officials suspect cucumbers grown in Mexico led to the outbreak.
More than 400 cases in 31 states, including 37 cases in Utah, have been reported.
Spokesman Dave Murray says the company is fully cooperating to learn how this outbreak happened.