An apartment fire claimed the lives of two dogs and injured three people Tuesday night.
The fire sparked on the 2500 block of Wittkop Way in the Arden area of Sacramento.
The Sacramento Metro Fire Department said they were able to contain the fire to the downstairs unit. There is some smoke damage to the upstairs unit.
The dogs were found dead when firefighters walked through the building.
The three people being treated are expected to be OK.
Sac Metro Fire estimates the fire caused about $200,000 in damage.
The cause of the fire is believed to be from cooking, fire officials said.