In honor of National Cheesecake Day coming up this Friday, the Cheesecake Factory chefs are in the studio to share their "Truffle Cheesecake" recipe.
Here's an easy recipe to Chocolate Hazelnut Cheesecake Truffles:
• Cheesecake slices
• Ghirardelli Dark Melting Wafers
• Raw, Whole Hazelnuts (preferably without skin)
1. Begin with your favorite Cheesecake. Remove any loose decorations or whip cream rosettes.
2. Use a small 1 oz. scoop to scoop the Cheesecake into round balls.
3. Place scoops onto a wax-paper lined sheet tray.
4. Place tray in the freezer for 1 – 2 hours to “deeply chill” the Cheesecake balls. Keep in freezer until ready to use.
5. Meanwhile, using a double boiler over low heat, heat the Dark Melting Wafers to approximately 100’ F.
6. Meanwhile, place Hazelnuts in a heavy saucepan in a single layer. Place over medium heat. Stir approximately every minute. Cook 5 – 10 minutes or until browned and they begin to give off a nutty aroma.
7. Remove Hazelnuts from heat immediately so they don’t overcook. (Keep a close eye on them when cooking as they will go from brown to burnt very quickly.)
8. Allow Hazelnuts to cool slightly before chopping.
9. While the Hazelnuts are still slightly warm, use the side of a chef’s knife to crush them (similar to crushing garlic) and then coarsely chop to approx. 1/8” pieces. Sift the chopped nuts through a stainless steel strainer to remove any dust, and transfer the nuts into a glass bowl.
10. Remove Cheesecake balls from freezer & completely submerge in the heated Chocolate. Remove with a fork and “bounce” the fork on the surface of the chocolate to allow the extra to drip-off.
11. Use another fork to transfer the dipped-cheesecake ball onto the wax paper-lined sheet tray. Sprinkle the top of the Truffle with chopped hazelnuts.
This report was filed by FOX40 intern Brookelynn Graditi.