ALLEGAN, Mich. - A dog is recovering from hundreds of bee stings at a rescue facility.
The dog is being called Stinger, and was abandoned at an emergency clinic according to Carri Shipaila, president of Luvnpups, an animal rescue that specializes with puppies. She says Stinger was attacked by a swarm of ground bees and suffered a severe reaction to the stings.
Shipaila says Stinger also has sarcoptic mange, or scabies, a highly contagious skin parasite that causes bad itching and can create scabs and hair loss.
Social media has been buzzing about the 10-month old pitbull mix, with many people asking about adoption. Before that can happen, Shipaila says the first priority is healing, which will take at minimum 8 - 12 weeks.
Stinger is currently resting comfortably at Allegan Veterinary until he can be moved to a quarantined foster home.