Melissa Johnson is a lifestyle expert who runs a blog called Best Friends for Frosting. She does different recipes and DIY projects and blogs about them. Today, she showed off her delicious pumpkin pie frosting recipe. It is the perfect cupcake frosting for the fall season. Get a taste of fall and try out her recipe for yourself.
PUMPKIN PIE FROSTING RECIPE
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 6-8 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- in a stand mixer with paddle attachment, add butter and beat on high for 4 minutes, scraping
- the bowl once light and fluffy
- add 6 cups powdered sugar, milk, puree, and spices to mixer and mix on low speed for 30
- seconds, then increase speed to high until frosting is smooth
- add rest of powdered sugar if needed to get desired consistency
- due to the puree making the frosting a little loose, I put my mixing bowl in the fridge to firm up prior to frosting the cupcakes.
- once I frosted cupcakes, I sprinkled some pumpkin pie spice on top🙂 ENJOY!