Paul and Simone are chatting with Darin DeFreece, Head of Fraud Investigations at Golden 1 Credit Union, about online shopping and ways to avoid fraud. As more and more people are engaging in online shopping, their risks of being a victim to cybercrime also increase. The risk is significant, especially during this time of year when so many people are uploading sensitive financial information to retailers and websites around the world. Here are some tips to make your shopping experience safer.
- Use a credit card for check out.
- Monitor your bank accounts and credit cards closely.
- Make sure you're using a secure browser.
- Be wary of shopping on public WiFi.
- Beware of emails from people you don't know.
- Watch out for fake websites or fake ads on real websites.