PLYMOUTH, Wis. — Sargento Foods Inc. and Taylor Farms are recalling several types of cheese and premade salads because of possible bacterial contamination.
The Wisconsin-based cheese maker said in a press release that a supplier, Deutsch Kase Haus, LLC of Middlebury, Ind., notified them that a specialty Longhorn Colby cheese might be contaminated with Listeria monocyctogenes.
No illnesses have been reported, but Sargento says “out of an abundance of caution” the company is recalling 6.84-ounce packages of Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced Longhorn Colby with sell-by dates of April 12 and May 10, 2017, and 8-ounce packages of Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Nacho & Taco Cheese with sell-by dates of June 14 and July 12, 2017.
Around 6,630 pounds of Taylor Farms chicken and pork salad products are being recalled after establishments that supply the Sargento Bevel Shred Pepperjack cheese products were notified about the contamination. Taylor Farms locations in Dallas, Texas, and Tracy, California, packaged the products from Feb. 6 to 9.
Taylor Farms are recalling products that have establishment numbers M/P-34013 or M/P-34733 inside the USDA mark.
Because the potentially-tainted cheeses were packaged at Sargento’s Plymouth, Wisconsin facility on the same production line as several other products, the companies are also recalling the following food products:
- Sargento Sliced Colby-Jack Cheese, 12 oz., UPC 4610000109 with “Sell By” date of “11JUN17B”
- Sargento Sliced Pepper Jack Cheese, 12 oz., UPC 4610000108 with “Sell By” dates of “12JUN17B”, “09JUL17B” and “10JUL17B”
- Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Taco Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040002 with “Sell By” dates of “H14JUN17”, “F28JUN17” and “D28JUN17”
- Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Colby-Jack Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040014 with “Sell By” date of “F05JUL17”
- Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Cheddar Jack Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040076 with “Sell By” date of “F05JUL17”
- Taylor Farms Signature Cafe Southwest Chicken Premade Salad, 10.5 oz., with “Use By” dates of “2/13/17, 2/14/17, or 2/15/17”
- Taylor Farms Signature Cafe Southwest Style Salad with Chicken, 10.5 oz., with “Use By” dates of “2/14/17, 2/15/17, or 2/16/17”
- Taylor Farms H-E-B Shake Rattle & Bowl Rowdy Ranch Hand (contains pork), with “Use By” dates of “2/17/17, 2/18/17, or 2/19/17”
No other Sargento branded products are affected by this recall.
Check to see if your product is affected by the recall by CLICKING HERE.