Toddler Burned after Falling into Smoldering Fire Pit at Woodward Reservoir

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

SACRAMENTO — A 2-year-old boy was burned Sunday after falling into a smoldering campfire pit at Woodward Reservoir, according to the Stanislaus Consolidated Fire Protection District.

The boy was taken via helicopter to the UC Davis Medical Center in Sacramento with second-degree burns to his back. Officials said they do not believe the boy’s injuries are life-threatening.

No other information was available Monday.