Sarah is out at Life Time Athletic in Roseville, 1435 E Roseville Pkwy, Roseville, CA 95661, learning all about safety in the pool. Manager Elise Grice says they offer swim lessons to four month olds and up. Their eldest student is in her 80s!
Swim Safety Tips
- The 25:10 rule: If a child cannot swim 25 meters continuously without assistance, make sure an adult is within 10 feet at all times
- Importance of establishing 1:3 swim ratio: 1 adult swimmer per 3 non-swimmers
- Children need to be taught basic safety principles
- Maintain visual contact. A lifeguard is no substitute for maintaining visual contact
- Take breaks at least every two hours.
- Get CPR certified.