Another Person Dies from Eating Poisonous Mushroom Soup

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

File photo


A third person has died after eating soup made with a poisonous mushroom in Placer County.

Earlier this month, two people died and four were being treated after a caregiver at Gold Age Villa made them a meal using mushrooms they had harvested, which turned out to be poisonous.

Monday, the care home reported one of those originally sickened by the soup, had now died.

The Department of Social Services did not identify this latest victim, and did not say how the others were doing.

Officials at the department say their investigation is ongoing.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s