Caregiver Who Made Deadly Mushroom Soup Banned from Facility

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

The Mallorca mushroom is deadly but can be mistaken for edible look-a-like the Chanterelle.


The caregiver who unknowingly included poisonous mushrooms in a soup that killed four seniors and sickened several others has had her license revoked.

The Department of Social Services investigated the Gold Age Villa, on Horseshoe Bar Road in Loomis, and slapped caregiver Lilia Tirdea with a lifetime exclusion.

The ban keeps Tirdea from being employed at any other care facility licensed by the state.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

1 Comment

  • disabledmom2

    Im such a chicken. I dont eat anything unless i planted or raised it.

    I feel sorry for the caregiver she has got to be feeling horrible. I think taking her license is just a kick while she is down.

    I pray for all in this horrible situation. I hope the families understand she made a horrible misjudgement.

    This is just one sad sad story.