FOX40 Summer Blood Drive
Friday August 16th, 9:00a – 6:00p
Fox40 Summer Blood Drive
Friday Aug, 16 9a-6p
Blood Mobiles located at Ikea 700 Ikea Ct., West Sac
What to expect when giving Blood.
Your donation starts with an appointment at your nearest BloodSource donor center or BloodSource blood drive.
You will be asked to bring a photo ID, drink plenty of fluids and avoid oily/fatty foods 24 hours before donating. Donors giving platelets will be asked not to take aspirin-containing products 48 hours before donation.
When you arrive for your scheduled appointment, here’s what you can expect:
20- to 30-minute registration/medical history interview:
- You will be asked your name, address, date of birth and phone number. You will need to show a photo ID such as your driver’s license or employee ID card.
- You will be asked a series of confidential questions to ensure that you are eligible to give blood, and that your donation is safe for the patient who will receive your blood.
- Your temperature, blood pressure and blood count will be checked.
Five- to seven-minute blood donation
An expert at drawing blood will collect about one pint of blood from your arm, which takes approximately five to seven minutes.
45-90 minute component donation
First, we will tell you what components are needed that day. Then, based on your interview results and blood type, you will be told what your potential gift can be. You will receive fluids, after which the needed components will be collected and the rest of your blood will be returned to your body. A large selection of movies is available for your enjoyment during the donation process.
Rest and refreshments
After your donation, you will be asked to replenish your fluids by spending 10 to 15 minutes resting and enjoying complimentary juice and snacks.
Last minute reminders
- Bring photo ID, such as a driver’s license.
- Encourage a friend to give with you!