Cats, Home Saved in Fair Oaks House Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
sacramento metro fire district

File photo


Metro Fire crews were able to douse a house fire just in time to save five cats and stop flames before the home went up in smoke early Wednesday afternoon.

A mail carrier on his route near Kifisia Way just after noon saw a lot of smoke coming from the chimney of a home, according to a release from Sacramento Metro Fire.

The carrier called 911, suspecting that something was wrong as it was a sunny summer day.

Metro Fire crews showed up and found that no one was home, except for some cats that lived inside. Crews then attacked the inferno to stop the fire before it could engulf the home and kill the cats.

About $300,000 in property was saved, along with the five cats that lived inside.

Apparently, the fire started due to unattended cooking.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.