Galt House Fire Likely an Accident, Investigators Say

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Black smoke billowing from the fire. Courtesy: Sandra Karina Guerra Villalobos


A home along Oberlin Way went up in smoke after a two-alarm fire Wednesday morning.

Fire crews showed up to the home, just off of McFarland Street, sometime after 9 a.m.

By around 9:45 a.m. the fire was put out, but not before the home was extensively damaged, Cosumnes Fire Department officials say. Crews were able to keep the fire from spreading to surrounding homes.

No one was injured in the fire.

Investigators have found that the fire was likely an electrical accident.


The resulting damage to the house. Courtesy: Sandra Karina Guerra Villalobos

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

1 Comment

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.