Vacant Home Burns Down in Carmichael

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

carmichael-fireCARMICHAEL –

After a vacant home on Marietta Way in Carmichael went up in flames early Saturday morning, neighbors scrambled to escape the blaze.

“Flames were shooting out of the second floor, probably 15 feet above the roof line,” said neighbor Mitch Russo, who lives next door to the house.

“Neighbors across the street were banging on my security door,” he said. 

Russo and his family ran out For safety, but his home was not completely spared. Embers latched to Russo’s garage setting another small fire.

Thankfully, Sacramento Metro firefighters got it before spreading further.

Russo says the homeowner of the house that originally caught fire had left the home unattended for several years.

While firefighters have not yet determined an exact cause, neighbors say they often see transients coming and going from the home.

“The house has been boarded up for a couple of months,” said Russo. “I do not know how it happened. If it was arson or accidental, but if you ignore something to long things like this are bound to happen.”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s