The start of the Amgen Tour of California is next Sunday, here in Sacramento. The city will have multiple, rolling closures through the weekend to accommodate the riders and fans.
Drivers are already dealing with Fix 50 closures of eastbound highway lanes, this weekend Amgen closures include parts of downtown between 9th and 15th Streets, and L and J Streets.
From 7 p.m. Friday through late Sunday night, 10th Street between N and L Streets will be closed. All day Sunday, L Street between 9th and 15th Streets will be closed.
Other closures on Sunday afternoon will be intermittent, including:
- West on L Street to 11th
- North on 9th Street
- West on F Street
- North on 7th Street
- West on Richards Boulevard
- North on Jibboom into Discovery Park
- West on Garden Highway until city limits
On Monday, the race moves to Folsom, and so do the closures. From 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on May 12, the following roads will be closed:
- Rainbow Bridge and Folsom Lake Crossing closed
- Lake Natoma Crossing limited to one lane per direction
- Folsom-Auburn Rd limited to one southbound lane (no northbound traffic)
- East Natoma St closed between Folsom Lake Crossing and Blue Ravine
- Green Valley Rd closed between the County line and East Natoma St
- Riley St closed between Sutter St and Leidesdorff St in the Historic District
Folsom’s Historic District is the focal point for the race, and officials expect 10,000 people or more to gather there. Those wanting to be there are encouraged to take light rail or bike to the location.