Garage Fire Spreads to Home, Causes $150,000 in Damage

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

According to Sacramento Metro Fire, the fire caused an estimated $150,000 in damages.


Investigators are trying to figure out what ignited a fire at a home off Jonquil Way in Citrus Heights on Tuesday night.

Sacramento Metro Fire said the fire started in the garage and spread into the house.

The occupants of the home were able to make it out safely. However, three cats died.

According to Sacramento Metro Fire District, the fire caused an estimated $150,000 worth of damage.

Laura Mathison contributed to this report.



Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.