Car Alarm Alerts Family to House Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CARMICHAEL —

A family of five woke up to their garage on fire spreading up into their home’s attic.

Around 5:30 a.m. Saturday morning Metro Fire crews were dispatched to the home located on the 3200 block of Murchison Way in Carmichael.

The crews quickly attacked the fire while salvaging as much of the family’s belongings as they could.

The fire was mostly contained to the garage and attic. The living quarters of the home sustained water, smoke and overhaul damage estimated at $100,000.

The family long with their two pets were able to get out safely and no injuries were reported.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.