FBI Seeks Serial Northern California Bank Robber
The FBI is looking for a man believed to have robbed eight Northern California banks since the beginning of December.
Investigators dubbed the man the “Hefty Heister.”
Between Dec. 3, 2015 and Jan. 19, 2016, the man is said to have robbed banks in Rohnert Park, Brentwood, Pleasant Hill, Walnut Grove, Suisun City, Lodi and Elk Grove.
Below is a full list of robbery locations and dates, provided by the FBI:
- December 3, 2015 Exchange Bank Located at 6290 Commerce Boulevard, Rohnert Park
- December 21, 2015 Tri Counties Bank located inside Raley’s at 2400 Sand Creek Road, Brentwood
- December 22, 2015 Wells Fargo Bank located inside Safeway at 1978 Contra Costa Boulevard, Pleasant Hill
- December 31, 2015 Bank of Rio Vista located at 14211 River Road, Walnut Grove
- January 9, 2016 US Bank located inside Raley’s at 270 Sunset Avenue , Suisun City
- January 14, 2016 US Bank located inside Safeway at 3110 Balfour Road, Brentwood
- January 19, 2016 US Bank located inside Safeway at 2449 West Kettleman Lane, Lodi
- January 19, 2016 Tri Counties Bank located inside Raley’s at 4900 Elk Grove Boulevard, Elk Grove.
In a Dec. 21 robbery, the FBI says the man pointed a gun at the teller. He also appears to be wearing a fake beard in surveillance images from the Jan. 9 robbery.
The FBI described the man as stocky (or hefty), about 5-feet-7-inches tall and is between 35 and 45 years old.
Anyone with information about these robberies is urged to contact the FBI at (800) 885-5984.