Police: Teen Girl Kidnapped and Abused, Found at Stockton Gas Station; Suspect Still on the Loose

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

STOCKTON -- A 15-year-old girl in Stockton was beaten and kidnapped by her 22-year-old boyfriend on Thursday morning, according to the Stockton Police Department. She was found about an hour after she went missing. Her boyfriend is still on the loose.

The Stockton Police Department is investigating this suspected kidnapping and abuse case. Alex Quinones, 22, allegedly forced his girlfriend into a car then drove off, police said. She was picked up by a stranger near I-5 who dropped her off at a nearby gas station, according to police.

On surveillance footage, a 15-year-old girl is seen walking out of a silver car. She’s a suspected victim of kidnapping and physical abuse, according to police. The person who hurt her was allegedly her boyfriend, Quinones, who police said beat the teen girl at his parent’s house on Bea Hackman Court in Stockton.

“Yes, (we’re surprised by Quinones actions) we never seen this,” Jennifer Hernandez, a neighbor said.

Hernandez said one of her family members heard what sounded like a fight at the home about 5 a.m.

"They were fighting but a girl was yelling like I think he was hitting her or something,” she said.

There’s now a big dent where Quinones is suspected of ramming into the garage. No one was home around the time FOX40 was there. Neighbors said, this kind of violence is unexpected.

"But this a fairly quiet court, you know, like there had been no incidents, you know, prior to this in this court,” neighbor Hefti Brunold said.

Investigators said after Quinones forced his girlfriend into his black Chevy, police found the abandoned car just minutes away on Downing Avenue near I-5.

“You feel scared because we don't know what was going on, like and I have a younger daughter, too,” Hernandez said.

Just a 6-minute trip down the interstate was the teen girl. She was found about an hour later on Fremont Street. No shoes, but seemingly calm at the AMPM where she was picked up by police. All neighbors can do now is hope that the girl will be OK.

“Two young lives pretty traumatically impacted today and, you know, just hope for better things for young people in our community,” Brunold said.