Family holidays are fun, but often come with a few challenges. How can you survive a week away with your family and enjoy it to the fullest?
- Not every moment has to be magical. Lower your expectations and go with simple, domestic tasks.
- Don't give in to the fear of being bored.
- Be willing to accept disasters. It's okay to enjoy the times when everything goes right and wrong. Besides, it makes for great family stories.
- Discuss potential war zones before you hit the airport. Plan what you can and let the rest go.
- Take some time for yourself. A time-out for adults away from kids can make everyone happy.