Barbecue Fire Rips Through Rancho Cordova Garage

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

(Credit: Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District)

RANCHO CORDOVA — Firefighters are reminding local residents to be cautious if they choose to enjoy the warmer weather by barbecuing at their homes.

A Rancho Cordova resident and two dogs had to evacuate their house Saturday when hot coals left inside a barbecue started a fire in the garage.

A firefighter tends to one of the dogs saved from the fire. (Credit: Kelsie Siewell)

Sacramento Metropolitan Fire crews extinguished the flames at the Explorer Drive residence after it caused around $35,000 in damage to the home and around $10,000 worth of damage to property in the garage.

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.