Friends, Family Raising Money for Lodi Mom, Baby Severely Burned in House Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LODI -- Loved ones are raising money for a Lodi family who was badly burned in a house fire last week.

The fire started 10:30 a.m. Tuesday on Walnut Avenue. The family believes a heater caused the fire.

A young mother named Lupita suffered burns all over her body. Lupita's 9-month-old daughter, Kaelynn, suffered second- and third-degree burns over 80 percent of her body.

They are both at Shriners Children's Hospital in Sacramento receiving treatment.

Lupita's mother, who was also home at the time but in a different room, helped guide them through the smoke. She suffered smoke inhalation.

FOX40 first shared the story Friday, when we spoke with two men who delivering water, noticed the fire and ran inside to help get them out.

Monday we spoke with Kaelynn's father Oscar Beltran. He was at work when the fire started. He's been at the hospital with them ever since and wanted to express how thankful he was to the two men who helped save them.

Monday night, one of Lupita's teachers was also coordinating efforts to move furniture and appliances into the home next door so the family has some place  to come home to while their home is repaired.

They have started a GoFundMe account to help raise money for baby clothes and other things they lost in the fire.

Also, if people would rather donate baby items like clothes, diapers and blankets email Daisy Baltazar at:

Notice: you are using an outdated browser. Microsoft does not recommend using IE as your default browser. Some features on this website, like video and images, might not work properly. For the best experience, please upgrade your browser.