SACRAMENTO — An elderly woman died Saturday night following a kitchen fire in her Sacramento apartment.
According to the Sacramento Fire Department, crews arrived at the apartment just after 9:30 p.m., where they found the 93-year-old woman in the living area of the residence. The woman was transported out of the apartment to an ambulance, where crews began life saving measures.
The woman was then taken to Kaiser Hospital North, where she later died.
Sacramento Fire says the fire was accidental and was sparked during cooking.
The fire was contained to one apartment.